It is possible to start LUCI STUDIO several times simultaneously on the same PC with different settings. Then there are multiple so-called “instances” of LUCI STUDIO running which enables you to receive multiple streams simultaneously. To accomplish this do the following.
- Install LUCI STUDIO with the standard installer from our webpages.
- Create a folder on your desktop or documents directory called “LS” for instance. If you have LUCI STUDIO on an USB stick, best to create it on the USB as well.
- Start LUCI STUDIO from the main menu ( or USB stick )
- Register your software using your activation code for multichannel use. If you just bought the extra stream(s), goto the About screen and use the Re-Activate.. function to re activate with your license code:
- Check in the About screen that the number of Instances are correct, else use the Re-Activate.. function to re activate with your license code:
- Pressing the Link “Buy more” will direct you to the LUCI Shop’s Extra Stream page, having your activation code filled in automatically.
- Setup your LUCI STUDIO for the first stream, choosing the right Audio I/O channels, general settings, add Stations/Phonebooks, and other preferences you wish to share for every instances.
- From the main menu choose “Create Instance file” , to save the current settings as an instance starting file the LS folder as “LuciStudio-1.lsup” for example (any name will do, but has to have .lsup extension ( spell: dot luci set up ) ).
- Edit the setup further in accordance with your requirements for instance 2 and choose menu “Create Instance file” to save it in the LS folder on the desktop as “LuciStudio-2.lsup” for example.
- etc… Repeat for all instances you purchased.
When ready, quit the current LUCI STUDIO, navigate to the LS folder and double-click on each .lsup file ( spell: dot luci set up ). Arrange the windows.
You can also make a start.bat file with this content to start all 2 files with one click:
start “” “LuciStudio-1.lsup”
start “” “LuciStudio-2.lsup”
start “” “LuciStudio-3.lsup”
To start an instance it’s different for USB drives: you either drag an lsup file to the LuciStudio program on the drive, or you create a shortcut to the LuciStudio program with the location of the lsup file on the command line.
Or, you can also make a start.bat file like this to start all files with one click:
start “” LuciStudio.exe “LuciStudio-1.lsup”
start “” LuciStudio.exe “LuciStudio-2.lsup”
start “” LuciStudio.exe “LuciStudio-3.lsup”
Things to consider when creating the different setup files are:
- Use different server ports for the different instances.
- Use a different audio I/O for each instance. If you are using ASIO please be sure that the driver supports Multiclient ASIO to be able to open the audio channels with different applications.
- When you use SIP: Use unique SIP accounts for each instance and set a different RTP port for SIP in the Options/SIP-page. Note All SIP identities have to be unique per instance.
- The name of the “lsup” file will be displayed as window title so you can keep them apart. There is not much room so keep the names small. Alternative when using Ember+ you can define an unique instance name instead and/or show it as a coloured tag ( See Ember+ )
- Do not just copy a lsup file from another PC as credentials are scrambled. Use the Options->General->Backup/Restore tool instead to migrate lsup files from one PC to the other.
Note: Starting LUCI STUDIO from the windows menu instead of the instance files will start an instance with it’s own settings apart from the instance files you made.