You can save all of your User data to a compressed zip Archive, and restore it at will.
The User data consists of:
Setting: All settings from the “Options” section, used Audio and Video I/O and last used Station.
Phonebook: All Phonebooks with station profiles.
License: All licenses including extra streams ( LUCI STUDIO ) and plugins are stored at backup.
- For iOs the license is the users Apple ID so it will not be in the Backup file.
- If you want to move your license to another device please request a license reset first.
- On Restoring it will overwrite the license only if the App is not already activated (demo mode). This way the license of the destination device is preserved !
The Backup files are standard Zip archive files that are interchangeable between platforms and LUCI products. This means you can share the same settings / phonebooks between Desktop and Mobiles, and even the same between LUCI STUDIO, LUCI LIVE and LUCI SUBSCRIPTION.
Note: Only the settings that the products and devices share are restored from the backup
Pressing Backup will create a compressed zip Archive of the User data.
On Desktops it will ask for a destination for the file. This can be either a normal PC directory or a Cloud drive Directory. It proposes a file name using the application name and the current date. Press “Save” to finish the Backup.
On Mobiles the Backup file will be passed on to the Share functionality of the Mobile OS, giving you the possibility to send the file to you cloud drive, email or any other app. Depending on the used sharing App the archive file gets handled differently, please read its manual.
With this function you can restore your Activation, Settings and Phonebook from a previous made backup file.
On Desktops it will ask to select a file to Restore from your PC or a Cloud directory. Just select the file you want to Restore and press “Open”. Then Confirm the “Are you sure..” warning and the settings will be restored.
On Mobiles the OS standard file request functionality will give you the option to choose the backup file from either your internal storage or and cloud drive. Select the file you want to Restore and press “Open”, confirm the “Are you sure..” warning and the settings will be restored.
After the Restore the Application needs to be restarted. On Some Platforms this is done automatically, on others you have to manually re-start the App.
- When you need to re-install the LUCI application on the same device you can restore a backup with license activation.
- When you need to re-install the LUCI application to another device you need to move your license first by contacting us to request a reset of your license. Then activate LUCI on the new device and restore the backup. Note that this does not apply to the iOs App were your Apple Id controls the license.
- If you want to share the same phonebooks / settings between all your employees, you can setup and test one device with all stations and setting preferences, and save and distribute the backup file. Note that all employees need to activate their own LUCI license separately since the license is only valid for one device.
- Make backups at regular intervals to another storage or cloud drive to prevent data loss in case the device gets damaged or lost.
- You can send us a backup file on support issues.
Note on LUCI STUDIO with multiple instances ( streams ) : A Backup made from an instance, will backup the whole instance directory, including all other instance starting files, so you only have to do this once. Make sure the restore is done by the same instance.